Why The Village School?
- Students Are Our First Priority: “TVS is willing to work with parents and students to achieve excellence in academics, as well as values, while addressing the various learning styles and individual needs of its students.” ~TVS Parent
- Teachers and staff are committed.: “Because of the caring, dedicated experienced teachers who go above and beyond for our children!” ~TVS Parent
- Curriculum is developed to encourage students’ curiosity. “I send my child because she continues to have positive growth as an individual in mind, spirit and body. She thrives in the atmosphere and the VS curriculum that is present daily." ~TVS Parent
- Christian values are nurtured: “We attend The Village School for an excellent academic education in a loving christian environment." ~TVS Parent
- Integrated approach to learning shapes the whole child. “We love the outside-of-the-box, hands on, multiple intelligence approach that our kids experience at The Village School. It makes learning fun.” ~TVS Parent
- Leaders are created through cooperative learning experiences. “Safe and caring place for my child to develop into a character-driven intelligent young adult who can solve problems creatively and think independently.” ~TVS Parent
- Students discover their passions through academics, athletics and performing arts. “We attend The Village School because our children are encouraged to become the people they were meant to be.” ~TVS Parent
- Why independent schools?
- Independent or public school...what’s the difference?
- What is the relationship between the independent school, teacher and parents?
- When is the best time to send my child to an independent school? Elementary, Middle, or Upper School?
- What can I expect from teachers in an independent school?
The Village School is an Independent School...
Independent schools are governed by their own board of trustees. They are financed by tuition payments, charitable contributions, and the annual fund, receiving no government funding. They adhere to rigorous accreditation standards. What does this mean for parents, students and The Village School?
- We have the freedom to develop our own one-of-a-kind curriculum, allowing for enormous variety and creativity in teaching, course content, and the ability to tailor and accelerate classes according to the needs of our students.
- We establish very high standards for faculty based on our educational philosophy as we are not dictated to by state guidelines.
- We are selective. We shape our learning community by choosing students and families who place a high value on an excellent education and faculty and administrators who best fit our mission and value.
- We make the choice to have small class sizes, focus closely on each individual child’s strengths and challenges and foster meaningful relationships between students and faculty.